Commercial Auto Insurance in Houston, TX
Commercial auto insurance helps provide Texas businesses with essential financial protection when they use vehicles in everyday business. While Texas requires companies to carry minimum amounts of liability coverage, your organization may benefit from purchasing additional coverage and customizing your commercial auto insurance.
Contact Amco Insurance in Katy, Texas, today to get a personalized commercial auto insurance quote.
What Is the Purpose of Commercial Auto Insurance?
If you use vehicles to conduct business, a commercial auto insurance policy can help protect your company from financial strain triggered by a car accident. Your business may also need additional commercial auto insurance coverage to pay for damage to company property after an auto accident.
What Coverage Is Included with Commercial Auto Insurance?
Your agent can help you tailor your commercial auto insurance to provide appropriate coverage for your company. We may recommend that you purchase the following policies:
- Liability insurance helps cover claims for third-party bodily injury liability and property damage liability.
- Collision insurance helps pay for damages to the covered vehicle after colliding with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive insurance helps pay for non-accident-related damages, including fire, vandalism, weather damage or theft.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) helps pay for several loss types, including medical bills if a company vehicle driver or passenger is injured in an accident. This coverage is mandatory in Texas unless you sign a waiver.
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorist insurance helps cover damage to your company vehicle if you are in an accident with a driver that doesn’t have appropriate insurance coverage.
- Umbrella insurance helps cover property damage and bodily injuries when a liability claim exceeds the limits of your company’s other liability policies.
- Hired and non-owned auto insurance (HNOA) provides coverage for leased, personal and rented vehicles used by your company.
Your agent may also recommend additional commercial auto coverage, including:
- Replacement cost vehicle coverage
- Inland marine insurance
- Roadside assistance
- Rental car reimbursement
- Gap insurance
How Does Commercial Auto Insurance Work?
Commercial auto insurance helps pay for a company’s legal liability after an at-fault accident resulting in third-party property damage and injuries. Depending on the coverage you choose, it may also help protect your company’s property.
Your personal auto insurance policy may not provide coverage for accidents that occur while using a personal vehicle for business reasons. You may need hired or non-owned auto insurance (HNOA) coverage to protect the vehicle’s owner and your business if you or your employees drive personal vehicles for work purposes.
Commercial Auto Insurance for Financed Vehicles
If your company finances vehicles, the lienholder typically requires full coverage insurance that includes collision and comprehensive policies. They may also require GAP insurance to help bridge the “gap” between the amount you owe on a vehicle and an insurer’s settlement if your company’s vehicle is a total loss after an accident.
How Much Is Commercial Auto Insurance?
Commercial auto insurance premiums are set by insurers. While each insurer may use proprietary algorithms to calculate premiums, they generally consider your company’s claims history, the value of the vehicles you want to insure and other information about your business.
Your agent can help you get multiple quotes from reputable insurers.
Having appropriate commercial auto insurance is essential to the future financial health of your Texas business. Contact Amco Insurance today to learn more about this valuable coverage.